Metal bars are lengths of material in a range of forms suitable for use in a wide range of applications. Construction and fabrication industries are some of the most common uses for metal bars and use a wide range of materials and forms in industrial and everyday use products.
Metal rods are specially formed pieces of metal and alloy that are shaped into a rod-like aesthetic hence the name. Metal rods are commonly used to support a range of applications such as within masonry structures.
Types of Metal Bars?
Available in four common forms, metal bar is a versatile material for fabrication and machining.
- Square Bar – A length of bar with equal width and height dimensions.
- Rectangular Bar – A length of bar with different width and height dimensions.
- Round Bar – Also known as Metal Rod, the round bar is typically measured by its diameter referring to the widest dimension across the cross-section of the bar.
- Hexagonal Bar – More commonly known as a Hex bar, the hexagonal bar is a length of six-sided bar with its diameter measured across two opposing flat faces. This unit of measure is referred to as AC for Across Flats.
Types of Metal Rods?
Available in different forms these products can be split out into different types due to the nature of their makeup.
- Ferrous metal rods - These are made up of ferrous metals and alloys which happen to be iron-based and are popular due to their high levels of hardening and property alloying elements.
- Nonferrous metal rods - These types are rods that contain no form of iron metal or alloy, these products have a range of benefits depending on the types of metal used in the makeup.
Also available in a range of materials, our range of metal bars and rods can accommodate any application. Our bars and rods can be found in:
- Steel Stainless
- Gunmetal Copper